Thursday 21 June 2007

been a while

It has been ages since my last post and I've even started getting complaints, so to try and put this right I'm going to do an update of the main events of the past month.

Firstly there was the opening of the Scottish Show on the 17th of May and despite some nervous moments my curtain stayed up. The 'Hidden Pattern Curtain' is my piece in this exhibition which showcases designs from 34 Scottish Designers, The show runs until the 12th of August at The Lighthouse in Glasgow.

Then on the 26th of May I took part in the Buy Designer Marketplace in Stirling, also part of the Six Cities Design Festival, this was organised in collaboration with Velvet Boutique and was a great opportunity for people to support their local design community by buying direct from the designers. The event was brilliantly run and I was delighted to share my stall / tent with Donna Keay who makes some stunning jewellery.

On the 1st of June Michael and I left for Pulse in London and my first major trade show. Below is a photo of my stand which was on the Launchpad section. This area is reserved for new businesses and young designers so in many ways its the more interesting part of the show. I don't have an image of the plaque sadly but I was delighted to be eco certified by Oliver Heath even if I didn't get to meet the man myself. After 3 days on non-stop talking to buyers and other exhibitors However it was great to great back on the road home.


Since then.... well it still hasn't stopped, making up orders, and catching up with the more mundane side of running your own business but also making planning for the future and perhaps a new product line or two on the horizon.

3 comments:

Inkthread Press said...

Complaints...? who's been complaining? he,he! Really nice stand at Pulse, nice new colours too!

Isis said...

oooooh your stand looks very very nice!

Concrete Contractors Hollywood said...

Lovelyy blog you have