Friday 27 March 2009

sold out


This is a smallish wholesale order I packaged up this morning - nothing particularly noteworthy there except as they wanted 15 Harriet shoppers I am now pretty much sold out.
These bags were made in a fair trade co-operative in India from a really nice quality organic cotton but sadly they are unable to make any more. I've been hunting around for what seams like ages now for another producer but as I can't order huge quantities my options are very limited. I really want to support fair trade and I feel its important to use organic cotton but the search for a producer is not easy. I day dream about going to India and visiting the factories, I'd love to meet and work with the producers to design products to suit their skills. I can't see this happening in the near future so for now I'll just have to continue my emails, phone calls and living vicariously through Safia Minney.

2 comments:

Esti said...

I love your bags and badges. They're on my wishlist...

Karen said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting and leaving great feedback on my blog. I am so happy that you did! I love your blog and etsy shop. I will be back!