Tuesday 28 September 2010

I've moved.... again

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
Its funny how old sayings like this suddenly start to resonate with you, well this one in particular has been going round and round my head for a while now. Three months ago I made the decision to move out of my studio in Govan - well Rachael was moving on to bigger and better things so it felt right to move on too.
I really liked the idea of having a space in 'The Hidden Lane', a charmingly ramshackle assortment of studios and work spaces in the west end of Glasgow, just a short walk from my flat. So when a space became available just when I needed it I thought it was too good to be true. Correct!
In my excitement I managed to totally overlook the fact that it was far too small for my needs so for the last three months I have been stacking things on top of each other, moving 10 things to get to the one thing I need, standing on the dog every time I try to pack an order, and that's not to mention the terrible phone reception and awful internet connection. I apologise to anyone who has been trying to get in touch with me over the last few months - I realise its not been very easy.
The reason I'm feeling able to talk about this finally, is that this weekend we moved... again. This time I've got plenty space and a phone and broadband line will be installed in a couple of weeks. To cap it all my new studio mate is a full time screen printer with tons of experience.
Here's hoping I've made the right decision this time.
This is the studio with half the contents already moved out

Its empty...
I'll post photos of the new gaff once its all sorted out.

1 comment:

Virgo1798 Poems said...

May the new working environment unleash the creativity in you.

Victor
The Netherlands.